Beauty and the Beast is a classic film from a classic fairy tale. Watch it with your kids, then enjoy “The Grey Stuff” as a delicious post-movie Family Movie Fun dessert.
Beauty and the Beast is a classic. I remember watching it as a little girl, wishing I were Belle. I mean, c’mon…she gets that HUGE library…as a gift! Oh, the jealousy I had watching her swing on library ladders, with her nose stuck in a book. And the “Be Our Guest” scene? It’s so much fun! What kid WOULDN’T love that scene?
Now there are two Disney versions to show your kids: the animated classic AND the newer live-action version. I love them both! We did this activity after watching the Emma Watson one, but it will work with either!
You know the line: “Try the grey stuff, it’s delicious”? Well, why not make it with your kids! It’s super simple to make and only takes a few minutes. I know, it looks pretty scary, but trust me–it really is delicious!
- 1 small tub of Cool Whip
- 1 small package Instant Vanilla Pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 18 Oreos
- 5 teaspoons Instant Chocolate Pudding mix
- Combine milk and vanilla pudding mix. Whisk together until thoroughly mixed.
- Refrigerate for ten minutes.
- Fold the Cool Whip into the pudding mixture.
- Crush Oreos (a food processor works great or put them in a Ziploc bag, then let the kids crush them with a rolling pin).
- Add the Oreos and the chocolate pudding mix, then combine well.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
***Note: This is VERY rich, so keep that in mind when you dish up portions.
If you want, you can download and print-out the printable below to have instructions handy while making The Gray Stuff.
Download your FREE printable here!
If you join in the fun, snap a picture and use #FamilyMovieFunwithPIM so I can see the fun you’re having!
What’s your favorite version of Beauty and the Beast?
Check out some other Family Movie Fun posts here: