With my thirtieth birthday less than a year away, I decided I wanted to make a 30 Before 30 list–a list of 30 things to do before I turn 30 years old. Creating a birthday bucket list is a fun way to celebrate getting a little older and to push yourself to do things you might not otherwise. Check out more about birthday bucket lists and download a free printable to create your own.
I recently turned 29, and with my 30th birthday less than a year away, I decided I wanted to create a 30 in 30 list–a bucket list of sorts that lists 30 things I want to complete before I turn 30 years old.
I have so many things I want to accomplish, so many dreams I want to pursue. But even more than that, I want to have fun and stretch myself past my limits.
That’s what this list is all about for me–pushing myself to do things I want to do that I may not otherwise.
Importance of Growth
I’m a huge believer in learning and growing, and that’s part of the beauty I see in lists like these. They force you to go outside your comfort zone and to reach for something just outside your grasp. They push you to be a little better, to stand a little taller, and to accomplish your dreams.
With my birthday less than a year from when I started this, I knew I needed to be realistic. Doing 30 things in less than a year meant crossing off 2-3 things every single month. Difficult, but doable.
I also made sure that every item on my list was within my control. I didn’t add things that I don’t have full control over, like getting a book agent or getting pregnant. It does no good to put something on a list that you may not be able to cross off, no matter how hard you try!
Without further ado, here is my 30 Before 30 List:
- Make my own bread and jam
- Kill a scorpion by stomping on it–This is a huge (irrational) fear of mine, and I unfortunately was able to complete this one a few weeks ago. Boo for scorpions. Yay for doing scary things!
- Build, install, or fix something in my house
- Have a random acts of kindness day
- Throw a party or event
- Bake a cake from scratch
- Watch a documentary (I’ve watched many in my life, but I really want to watch another one this year!)
- Learn how to tie a tie
- Go to Butterfly Wonderland–took the kids on Saturday!
- Attend Alt Summit–I went last week!
- Rent a car (another irrational fear of mine)
- Learn how to apply false lashes. I just can’t do it…
- Plant something
- Go to Top Golf
- Completely decorate one room in my house
- Go to Mom 2.0
- Read at least four novels out loud to my kids
- Host something
- Learn how to braid my hair. Again, I just can’t do it…
- Make a long drive alone (I completed this one last week for Alt as well!)
- Go to the batting cages
- Go to a fancy restaurant
- Teach a class or speak at an event
- Go on a staycation
- Bake brownies from scratch
- Finish my YA novel and submit it to agents
- Go bowling with my kids
- Visit an art museum (I completed this one while in California for spring break)
The last two are more personal, so I’m not going to share those ones here.
I’m super excited to keep crossing things off my list this year!
I created some printables so you can also do your own 30 Before 30 (or 40 Before 40…or 50 Before 50). If you’re lucky, you’ll have more than a year to tackle your list and can add even bigger goals and dreams. So even if you’re 32 and have almost 8 years before you hit your next decade, dream big and start now! The more time to cross things off, the better your list can be!
You can download your free 30 Before 30 color download here or by clicking on the image below.
You can download your free 30 Before 30 black and white download here or by clicking on the image below.
You can download your free 40 Before 40 color download here or by clicking on the image below.
You can download your free 40 Before 40 black and white download here or by clicking on the image below.
You can download your free 50 Before 50 color download here or by clicking on the image below.
You can download your free 50 Before 50 black and white download here or by clicking on the image below.
If you want to follow me on my 30 before 30 journey, join me on Instagram! I’ll be sharing occasional updates on my stories and posts. I’d also love to see what you do, so tag me in any posts you do about your 30 Before 30 (or whatever decade you’re in!).
What’s one thing on YOUR list?
If you liked this post, share it on social media!