Simple holiday themed snacks are a great way to celebrate holidays with your kids. Come learn how to whip up some Love Potion Punch for a fun and simple Valentine’s Day drink or anytime you want to share a little extra love with your kids.
I’m a huge fan of holidays and making them fun and meaningful for my kids, but I’m also all about being realistic. I tend to put too much on my plate, then I get overwhelmed and end up doing nothing at all. And then I’m sad we didn’t do anything special to celebrate.
This year I’m focusing on creating a few simple activities that are meaningful, fun for the kids, easy to throw together, and will create lasting memories. I want to Color My Holidays with fun, joy, creativity, and simplicity.
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and I have to say it’s one of my favorite holidays! I mean showing love + lots of pink + hearts? It’s pretty much perfection! I can’t wait to celebrate this year.
To kick off the season of love, I threw together this yummy Love Potion Punch. It’s so easy, even a four-year-old can make it!
- 8 oz. peach juice
- 12 oz. Sprite
- 20 oz. raspberry lemonade
- Optional: strawberries and ice
Love Potion Punch
1. Mix together the peach juice, Sprite, and raspberry lemonade.
2. Optional: Slice up some strawberries to look like hearts. Simply remove the leaves, hull the strawberries, slice them in half, then remove the slightest “V” from the top of each half. Seriously, just a tiny bit! It takes way less than you think.
3. Punch is best served chilled or on ice.
My preschooler loved making this with me and it easily passed her taste test. She slurped it right up! I also thought it was delicious, so it’s great for the whole family. And it takes just minutes to make, which is always a win in my book!
Do you have a favorite Valentine’s Day themed snack?