Monsters vs. Aliens is a fun family movie, and what better way to watch it than with some easy, yummy B.O.B. jello! Full instructions and printable included!
For the very first edition of Family Movie Fun, we’re watching Monsters vs. Aliens. The first time I saw this movie, I LOVED it. I don’t know why exactly, but I thought it was a lot of fun. (And yes, it was pre-kids 🤷). Now it’s on Netflix (at the time of writing this) and I thought it’d be a great time to re-watch it.
For the “fun” portion of this movie night, I thought it would be cool to make B.O.B. (the gloopy blue monster). And what a better way to recreate him than with jello?! Plus, kids LOVE jello!
- One box blue jello mix
- Whipped Cream
- Maraschino cherries
- Mini chocolate Chips
- Make the jello, per the instructions on the box (I used the quick set instructions).
- Pour the jello into small, individual containers and set in the fridge.
- Once it’s ready, use the whipped cream to create a white circle for the eye.
- Take the stem off a cherry, and place the cherry in the center of the white “eye.”
- Take a mini chocolate chip and place that in the center of the cherry for the pupil.
Now your kids can eat B.O.B. while they watch! It’s a fun, simple way to add that magic touch to family movie night.
You can download the printable below, if you want, to have the instructions handy. Also, if you do this in your home, I’d love for you to snap a picture and post it on social media using #FamilyMovieFunwithPIM so I can see the fun!
Get your FREE printable here!
Does your family like Monsters vs. Aliens?
For more Family Movie Fun, check out these posts: