Information We Collect
The following information may be collected:
- Information you voluntarily submit to the website: such as your name or email address (when subscribing to our newsletter, leaving a comment, or submitting a contact form, or creating a user profile).
- Information collected automatically: IP address, IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, the dates/times when you accessed the website, and actions you took while on our site (like clicking links).
- Cookies: We may log information using both session cookies (which expire when you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which stay until deleted). This helps provide you with a more personalized experience while visiting our website.
How Your Information May Be Used
We may use your information for the following:
- To send you promotional information via the newsletter, using the email you provided. You may opt-out at anytime using a link provided in each email.
- To send you administrative emails, such as confirmations, policy updates, and security alerts
- To allow you to create and use an account, if you choose to do so
- To respond to your comments or inquiries
- To improve the website and user experience
- To track and measure advertising on the website
- To protect against, investigate, and deter unauthorized or illegal activity
Third Party Use
The website may use third-party service providers to run different parts of the site. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: https://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
Sassy Social Share—We use Sassy Social Share to share posts from our website to other social media platforms.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications, but this list may be changed at any time. Please check back here for any changes and updates.
We are committed to keeping your information secure. We have put in place safeguards and procedures to secure the information we collect while you are on our website.
For European Economic Area Residents
If you reside in a country in the European Economic Area, under GDPR, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please send an email to email@example.com
Links to Other Websites
We do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes otherwise, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to remove the information.
Last Updated: July 21, 2018