Remember the iconic date-gone-wrong scene between Darla and Alfalfa in The Little Rascals? Recreate it with your kids as a fun Family Movie Fun activity with your kids!
The Little Rascals was one of my absolute favorite movies as a kid, so showing it to my kids has been a highlight of my parenthood. I just LOVE this movie! I wanted to be Darla so incredibly bad (and was stoked that the actress’s name was Brittany, even if she spelled it wrong 😂).
For this Family Movie Fun activity, I thought it’d be fun to recreate the “date” scene with Alfalfa and Darla where their meal takes a downward turn (minus the gross stuff). This was so much fun to recreate!
- Peanut butter
- Jelly/Honey (optional)
- Frosted Flakes
- Grape soda
- Fun glasses
- Sno Balls
- Whoopie cushion (optional)
- White flowers (optional)
- Candle and lighter/matches (optional)
- Make a peanut butter sandwich for each person, then add some Frosted Flakes to it to act as the kitty litter crunch.
- Pour some grape soda into fun glasses.
- Stick a ring inside the center of the Sno Balls (you can get fake rings at the Dollar Store, a party store, or on Amazon).
- Extra: Stick a whoopie cushion on each chair (or one lucky chair), light a candle, and place some flowers (real or fake) in the center of the table.
- Enjoy your meal!
You can download the printable below, if you want, to have the instructions handy. Also, if you do this in your home, I’d love for you to snap a picture and post it on social media using #FamilyMovieFunwithPIM so I can see the fun!
Download your printable here!
Do you love The Little Rascals?
Check out some other Family Movie Fun posts: